The XIV Latin American Symposium on Environmental Analytical Chemistry (XIV LASEAC) is an activity of the Red para el Análisis de la Calidad Ambiental en América Latina (RACAL) and has the support of the International Association of Environmental Analytical Chemistry (IAEAC). Simultaneoulsy with the XIV LASEAC will happen the IX National Meeting on Environmental Chemistry (ENQAmb) and the XII Workshop on Recent advances on Sample Preparation (WARPA).
The major objective of the symposium is to highlight the new developments in the main topics:
- Analytical techniques and methods applied in environmental analysis;
- Occurrence levels of pollutants in environment compartments;
- Evaluation of the environmental impact of contaminants;
- Persistent organic pollutant (POP) emissions control;
- Pharmaceuticals and Personal Care Products (PPCPs) in the environment;
- Pesticides in the environment;
- Treatment and depuration of wastes;
- (Bio)combustibles and environment;
- Regulations on environmental pollution control.
Participants are invited to submit contributions in English, Portuguese or Spanish, all three official languages for the symposium.
The Roland W. Frei Award sponsored by the IAEAC will be given to the best poster presented by a young Latin American scientist.